January has been a month of ups and downs for me. On the 4th my grandmother passed away. My birthday was on the 17th. My second semester of college started the 26th. I have had both reading and blogging slumps. I have read and reviewed some great books this month. This past week I have been thinking more about February than what I could do in January. So in this up and down month here is what I've been up to.
What I've been reading:
- The Ghosts of Heaven by Marcus Sedgwick - 3 stars (Rachel)
- Save Me by Jenny Elliott - 4 stars (Dana)
- The Perfect Couple by Jennifer Echols - 2 stars (Rachel)
- After Us by Amber Hart - 4 stars (Dana)
- Cut Me Free by J. R. Johansson (Dana)
- Invaded by Melissa Landers
- Dusk by Alyssa Rose Ivy
- Trouble from the Start by Rachel Hawthorne
- This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas
- Beneath This Man by Jodi Ellen Malpas
- Before You by Amber Hart
- After Us by Amber Hart
- Cut Me Free by J. R. Johansson
- Salt & Stone by Victoria Scott
- I'll Meet You There by Heather Demetrios
- Filthy Rich by Dawn Ryder
- Full Contact by Sarah Castille
On The Blog:
I shared all of the challenges that I am attempting to do in 2015. I gave my self some pretty crazy goals but hopefully I can accomplish them.
Required Reading + Recent School Reads in which I share some of the books I read for my classes and what I think about being forced to read specific books in early education.
I was tagged by Stefani to do the Gif Book Tag, which was a lot of fun and I tagged some people as well.
Then I announced #FantasyFebruary, which is a small event that Rachel and I will be doing next month as we try and tackle our Fantasy TBRs.
I started a new meme on the blog! It is called Broadcast Reads and it is basically a recommendation meme with TV Shows, Movies, and Books. I kicked it off with a zombie filled post.
My birthday was on the 17th and I posted a giveaway that is still currently running until the end of February!
I caught up on Arrow. I LOVE FELICITY AND OLIVER! This has become one of my favorite TV shows and I am so glad that I decided to get back into it!
I watched Into The Woods! It was really great, but not what I was expecting at all. There were some "I didn't see that coming moments" at the end, which caught me and my Mom by surprise.
Also I FINALLY saw Mockingjay. Yeah I have become that person. It was really great and makes me want to rethink my hate for that book.
I finally downloaded a Spotify app and I am obsessed with it. It has been great and so much better than Pandora!
Random Things Dana is Obsessed with:
- Writing! I am working on a story that I started writing during NaNoWriMo and it has been really amazing getting to do something I love without the stress of anything. Sometimes blogging makes reading stressful. The fact that I am not focusing on publication just makes it really fun.
- Patchwork Press!! I am an intern for PWP and we have been working on so many different things. I can't wait for everything to come together. I organized a BLOG TOUR! This has been an amazing think to be the one behind the scenes on something I have actually done. It feels great to be doing work that I have dreamed of doing for a while now. So if you see Erica Crouch's Incite blog tour popping up in your feed remember Dana helped do that!
- Write All Year is a new website by Patchwork Press, which joins the community of NaNoWriMo and the new years goals many writers have made to bring you a site with fellow writers to inspire you. I have helped organize some of the Pep Talks that we have had go up such as Mindee Arnett's and Eric Smith's post where they motivate writers to write. If you join, or have joined, friend me! @danasquare everywhere!
So what were you up to in the month of January? How do you plan on making February badass? If you do a monthly recap post link it up down in the comments and I will check it out.